Best Buy and its partners invite local non-profit organizations that have a fundamental commitment to youth, ages 13‐18, to apply for funding to create a Best Buy Teen Tech Center in your community.
Minimum eligibility criteria include:
- Location must be within an existing and successful afterschool program that already serves youth ages 13‐18.
- Location must be hosted within a community organization-run facility whose mission supports racial justice and equality.
- Location must be located within, or demonstrate that it serves a majority of students that live within three priority geographic regions:
Southeast Los Angeles Region: This area includes Southeast Los Angeles, Compton, Watts and surrounding neighborhoods including unincorporated LA County. These areas are: City of Carson, City of Compton, City of Huntington Park, City of Lynwood, City of South Gate, Los Angeles: Century Palms, Los Angeles: Florence-Firestone, Los Angeles: Green Meadows, Los Angeles: Vermont Visa, Los Angeles: Watts, Unincorporated: Athens Village, Unincorporated: Florence Firestone, Unincorporated: Rosewood/East Gardena, Unincorporated: Rosewood/West Rancho Dominguez, unincorporated: Walnut Park, Unincorporated: Willowbrook.
East Los Angeles Region: Los Angeles: This region primarily includes Boyle Heights and East Los Angeles. It also includes City of Commerce, City of Montebello, City of Monterey Park.
Antelope Valley Region: This region includes the The City of Palmdale, City of Lancaster, Unincorporated – Lake Los Angeles, Unincorporated – Palmdale, Unincorporated – Sun Village, Unincorporated – Little Rock.
- Location must be within 25 miles of a Best Buy store to allow for Best Buy employee volunteers. To find store locations, visit bestbuy.com/storelocator
- Host organization must have a space for the Teen Tech Center with a minimum of 1,300 square feet.
- The location must be ADA compliant.
- Organization must provide a commitment to host and ensure financial support for the Best Buy Teen Tech Center for a minimum of 3 years.