The Best Buy Foundation™ and its partners invite local non-profit organizations that have a fundamental commitment to youth, ages 13‐18, to apply for funding to create a Best Buy Teen Tech Center® in your community.
Minimum eligibility criteria include:
- Location must be within an existing and successful afterschool program that already serves youth ages 13‐18.
- Location must be hosted within a community organization-run facility whose mission supports racial justice and equality.
- Location must be located within, or demonstrate that it serves a majority of students that live within two priority geographic regions:
1. Southeast Los Angeles Region: Areas in southeast LA County including Cudahy, Maywood, Bell, Bell Gardens, Huntington Park, Lynwood, South Gate, Vernon, unincorporated cities of Walnut Park, Florence-Firestone and adjacent communities.
2. El Monte
- Location must be within 15 miles of a Best Buy store to allow for Best Buy employee volunteers. To find store locations, visit bestbuy.com/storelocator.
- Host organization must have a space for the Teen Tech Center with a minimum of 1,300 square feet.
- The location must be ADA compliant.
- Organization must provide a commitment to host and ensure financial support for the Best Buy Teen Tech Center for a minimum of 3 years.